CreditUnions.com

Remember Me
Register | Forgot Password?

This sponsored content article is provided to the credit union community for shared insights and knowledge from a recognized solutions provider in the industry. Please note that the views and opinions offered here do not reflect those of Callahan & Associates, and Callahan does not endorse vendors or the solutions they offer.

If you are interested in contributing an article on CreditUnions.com, please contact our Callahan Media team at ads@creditunions.com or 1-800-446-7453.

April 16, 2007

Join the Conversation

2000 characters left

Comments

RSS

Joe James

7/26/2012 04:03 PM

In this article, CUDL is looking at credit union auto LOAN market share, which was 18.0 percent in 2006. In this calculation, CUDL is not including leases and is focusing on credit unions'' retail loan share, since this is where credit unions do almost all of their business. The March 8th article looked at credit unions'' share of all auto financings, including all loans and leases. Thus, in that article, credit union market share was listed at 16.1 percent

Anonymous

7/26/2012 04:03 PM

My rating of the article is poor because on March 8, 2007 in the webinar on auto lending, different "facts" came out. This article claims that credit unions hold 18% of the market share and this is growing yet the previous one said 16.1% which was down 1% from 2005. I would like the actual #s to make sense. Whichever # is correct should be used.

Frank Mercer

7/26/2012 04:03 PM

Once again CUDL has written a meaningful article about value when using an outside source for obtaining new members. I''m sure everyone realizes the marketing dollars that are saved by obtaing new members from a free source. Just remember that you need to minimize your risks by properly controlling your dealer relationships.

James Smithson

7/26/2012 04:03 PM

I too was confused at the numbers presented in here. I would be interested in seeing what percentage of this increase of indirect loans was via CUDL versus DealerTrack or Route One. I would imagine that it is small as DT and Route One are free to the dealerships and have integration to the DMS systems.

G Bettman

7/26/2012 04:03 PM

Joe: I wasn''t the one with the initial question, but I too was confused. That was a helpful explanation of why the numbers cited differ. Thanks! PS. I miss your sports articles. Based on this year''s CU data, who will win the stanley cup?

Anonymous

7/26/2012 04:03 PM

All things said and done, I believe that CUDL has done a good job with communication on their efforts and what they are trying to achieve in our ever changing marketplace. As far as the comment that CUDL does not have the Intergration technology available to a dealers DMS, I''ve spoken to some larger Dealerships which are using CUDL and they have no problems with the DMS which CUDL provides. Again, good article and I look forward to the next one.

Joe James

7/26/2012 04:03 PM

We took the total change in indirect loans outstanding that CUDL credit unions reported to the NCUA divided by what the total industry reported. Based on RouteOne''s user list and CUDL''s records, there are only a handful of CUDL credit unions that also use RouteOne. DealerTrack doesn''t publicly list their users, but I''d say it''s about the same for them as well.

James Smithson

7/26/2012 04:03 PM

Joe, how did you arrice at that number? Best I can tell, many of the CUDL credit Unions are also on DealerTrack and Route One.

Joe James

7/26/2012 04:03 PM

CUDL credit unions'' accounted for approximately 60% of the increase in indirect loans outstanding that credit unions experienced in 2006.

Platinum Suppliers   |   Get Listed
Copyright © 2016 Callahan & Associates, Inc. All rights reserved. Website design and website development by Americaneagle.com