advertisement for CU Direct

CreditUnions.com

Remember Me
Register | Forgot Password?

July 14, 2008

Rate this Article

2000 characters left

Comments

RSS

123

7/26/2012 04:09 PM

i didn't even read this. LOL HOW CAN I RATE THIS IF I JUST SKIPED IT ALL > HAHAHAHAHA :)

Daria

7/26/2012 03:58 PM

This was a great article. I like how it simply explained the characteristics in a way that would make it easy to assess the leadership in our individual credit unions in order to make adjustments.

Jenny

7/26/2012 03:58 PM

Great leadership article. Persistance and etihics are too of the skills most important to me. The study cited also rates those traits high.

Jane

7/26/2012 03:58 PM

I immediately caught the references as being from the book, Good to Great. It''s remarkable that Jim Collins and his team of researchers were dead set on not using management style and interpersonal aspects of the leader as the reason for organizational growth and stamina. Well, guess what. They found that the leader of the organization - regardless of personality type, was the driving force of the organization (whether good or great or declining). The organizations with egoless management and a superior successor - scored high. Go get the book - it''s definitely worth the time to read.

Mike Jay

7/26/2012 03:58 PM

I agree with these four, although there are personality issues woven into the success of people and not everyone has a personality or can learn to do these things, so there is a natural component that predisposes a person to have these strengths--while admitting that anyone can learn these skills, some will do this much more easily and consequently more often. The key missing ingredient in my view is a future-focused set of idea of facilitating the development of future talent. To some extent it is partially included in some of the four, but I think it is important enough to warrent a fifth leg on the stool.

Mark Herbert

7/26/2012 03:58 PM

As a current consultant and former credit union executive I agree with many of the points in yout article. I have to tell you I see a whole lot more level three in evidence then level four or five. Perhaps we should be talking to board''s not CU executives.

Advertisement for Credit Union Miracle Day

Current Issues

Strategy & Performance
CUSP 2Q 2014 TOC
Archives
CU
Directory
Credit Union  Directory PDF
Callahan Report
Callahan Report September 2014 PDF
Archives

Graphic Of The Week

Tweets

Download the only complete credit union industry app.
Platinum Suppliers   |   Get Listed
Copyright © 2014 Callahan & Associates, Inc. All rights reserved. Website design and website development by Americaneagle.com