CreditUnions.com

Remember Me
Register | Forgot Password?

This sponsored content article is provided to the credit union community for shared insights and knowledge from a recognized solutions provider in the industry. Please note that the views and opinions offered here do not reflect those of Callahan & Associates, and Callahan does not endorse vendors or the solutions they offer.

If you are interested in contributing an article on CreditUnions.com, please contact our Callahan Media team at ads@creditunions.com or 1-800-446-7453.

July 3, 2006

Join the Conversation

2000 characters left

Comments

RSS

Anonymous

7/26/2012 04:07 PM

The facts speak for themselves. With online banking, I don't even care if I get an eStatement, but at least I have the option of looking at it, or ignoring it in favor of up to the moment status. The statement is my archive. My guess is that 13% adoption is a low estimate. Saying goodbye to a paper document is the ice cream sundae on a hot summer day.

Dave Frey

7/26/2012 04:07 PM

While offering estatements is a great idea AND a cost savings....we are a postal CU and believe me....we would NEVER want to take this approach! We hear comments about our bill pay service (They like to tell us THEY send their bills back through the mail!) Ah C'est la vie!

'

7/26/2012 04:05 PM

'

'

7/26/2012 04:05 PM

'

'

7/26/2012 04:05 PM

'

'

7/26/2012 04:05 PM

'

Greg Crandell

7/26/2012 03:58 PM

This article references the policy actions of many CUs across the country, all of whom have read and followed eSign''s requirements. The use of terms like "opt-in" and "opt-out" aren''t the issue. Complying with the rules is the issue. CUs can adn do comply fullying, while proactively engaging their members in eStatements. I have, on several occasions, fielded questions from CU and association compliance people who, after talking through the regulations, came to agree that there was a clear path to promoting change, and not just a need to wait for members to act. DigitalMailer is happy to explain the path to anyone who will step up and ask.

Anonymous

7/26/2012 03:58 PM

Considering this violates Federal law by having members "opt-out," I would not recommend this article. See the ESIGN Act.

Platinum Suppliers   |   Get Listed
Copyright © 2016 Callahan & Associates, Inc. All rights reserved. Website design and website development by Americaneagle.com