Credit unions ended the third quarter with record share growth and loan originations, finding success even as other financial institutions return to the market.
Highlights at the end of September were:
- Assets increase 8.8% over the last twelve months to $886.0B
- Record loan originations of $210.9B through the first nine months of 2009
- YTD first mortgage sales tripled over the past year as credit unions sold $42.4B in firsts to the secondary market
- Share balances grew $69.5B over the last 12 months, the largest increase this decade
- Credit union membership increased 1.9% to 91.6M, the fastest annual growth rate since 2004
- Net worth to assets ratio stands at 10.1% as of September
Download the Quarterly Report for more information on these trends.